Home is where the heart(less) is...



Just like the Prodigal Son returns, so do I! It's been a very long time since I've wrote here, and I figure that it's far past due. EVE Online is the kind of game that really is hard to completely quit. I will admit that this game is one of those that is almost more fun to read about than to play, but that entirely depends on what you do and who you do it with. Unfortunately all of my real life friends no longer play, but I have plenty of very close friends that keep me playing... not only for our friendship, but because they enjoy hearing and reading about my endeavors as well as having the opportunity to be apart of them. I deeply appreciate the friendships of those that continue to play alongside me, but there are a few that no longer play for various reasons (damn you CCP). I don't think I ever really had a good or consistent following here on this blog, but I hope that I'm able to entertain my friends as well as new and old readers.

The thing I find most interesting about this blog is that there's a clear and definite path that I've taken in the game. If you look back at my journey through this game I've certainly made it from 'Carebear to Killer' as our mentor Feyd put it. It really has been neat to develop as a player as I turn into the kind of player that I read about upon first installing.

These days I still enjoy most of the same stuff like wardecs, bumping, ganking, and scamming. Apart from the regular stuff I've set forth on a very interesting project that I'm extremely proud of. I originally posted on the new EVE-O forums with the goal being to save up enough ISK to buy my very first Nyx and Apostle, and then a Titan. I embarked on this journey knowing that it would not only be an out of the box way to save up for these ships, but that it would involve one of the activities that I have come to love more than anything...




The menacing 'Bump Machariel' is equal parts sexy, devious, and capable as the ultimate tool in the most ELITE form of PvP! This ship has been my vehicle down this freeway of death and destruction as I claimed 50b in roughly 21-days of playing. So with myself sitting at 50 billion ISK 'acquired' I can easily afford my Nyx and Apostle, but there's a slight problem. I never anticipated being able to obtain the funds this quickly and I had started training these characters fresh... So I have quite some time to wait until I actually fulfill the ultimate end-game goal as I purchase a Titan and have a character and the proper support to pilot such a beast. I had never planned to spend the ISK on anything other than the original intent, but I've found myself with hundreds of days worth of training unless I want to inject (roughly 70b for my Nyx & FAX training). So I've been considering "investing" my funds into my own personal gank fleet comprised of bombers, but I'm still uncertain... Either way I'm incredibly excited about continuing with my project and hopefully I am able to entertain you, my audience.

I had started a thread on the new EVE-O forums that was basically where I was telling the story of a pilots epic adventure of acquiring some of the most coveted ships in the game through 'ELITE PVP', but I've decided to migrate back to this blog so that I'm not restricted by CCP's noose. I will be taking each of those posts or updates and re-releasing them here so that readers can have an easy way to track my progression. My goal and the purpose of this blog remains the same, and that is to tell my story. I was drawn to this game by stories of scamming, thefts, trickery, explosions, and yes.. tears. My only hope is that I'm able to pay it forward and draw in some new player or give an old bittervet a new found passion.

Fly dangerously!

PS: I will update this post at the bottom with each of the posts from the EVE-O forums so that you can quickly click on them to track progression. Then from there I'll make regular posts on my current status!

5.9b
10.9b

Comments

Popular Posts