O7

Greetings readers! Thank you for finding your way to this blog, and I hope that I'm able to provide you with quality posts about my adventures in EVE Online! Since this is my first post I think it would be best to open up with a little background information about myself and what I enjoy doing in eve.


I started playing in 2012 after reading stories and blogs about the bank thefts and the unique hostile nature of EVE Online. The fact that you could directly effect someones gameplay in a negative or positive manner is really what got me hooked and ready to subscribe. I think back to the first few days I played World of Warcraft where I was banned for telling someone I could make a linen cloth bag for him... I wasn't a tailor and knew exactly what I was doing as I took his materials and ran away. I don't play world of Warcraft anymore and there are things that I still like about it, but EVE is a game where I was allowed to be a villain and not get banned for it.

I ended up subscribing and fell into the trappings of feeling like I had to plex my account and that I didn't have enough skill points to do any of the things that originally drew me to play. I joined up with a corp named Big Diggers, whom at the time were stepping back from nullsec to reform as a hisec noob-friendly corp. Long story short, I made friends and was trusted with the position of Recruiter. I worked hard at it and was soon named Recruitment Director. I was bored of how I was making the game a job and after a year of flying with them, I decided it was time to break away and create my own stories. I told the CEO, Prayer Slayer, that I was buying a T2 BPO and that I needed a safe place to store it. It literally took 10 minutes of talking to him and I was given unrestricted access to everything. I enlisted the help of two of my friends as we dismantled a pos, canceled production and research jobs, and drained their wallets. I was actually amazed to find that they even had all of this, as evepraisal is telling me that I'm holding roughly 50b worth of isk and assets. I don't have any regrets about what happened and am grateful that I had the opportunity to steal from them!

You can read the mildly entertaining forum post about the 50b theft here!

Since then I've drained my wallet of all those funds and did a few boring things before leaving eve for a few months. I was bored one day and ran across Feyd's blog and subbed again within minutes. I had finally found the content I was searching for when reading my first stories and blogs about deceit and theft. I think Feyd actually has me blocked for some reason right now, but I am eternally grateful for his blog and its content. 

These days I'm your average hi-sec terrorist romping around mission flipping and war dec'ing industrial corps. Yeah my killboard isn't nice and I'm terrible at the game, but I'm actively learning and having tons of fun. I hope that in the future I'm able to inspire even one person to subscribe to eve, just as I was through emergent content and the blogs that contain their stories.

Fly Dangerously,
Faylee Freir

Comments

Popular Posts